ALTERNATOR- NOT KEEPING CAR RUNNING

1992 Ford Thunderbird

1992 Ford Thunderbird 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 124890 miles

The car cut off on in the middle of a major highway. I took the altenator to the shop and they put it on a meter and said it was charging just fine.

I put it back in the car and got jump start it started. It ran for 1 minute and then cut off.

I went and bought another altenator and the same thing happens. It runs for a minute and then shuts off. I'm clueless as what the problem is. Can you help?
Sjbell

Could be fuel or spark problem-Do below

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it