94 2.3 NO SPARK

1994 Ford Tempo

My 94 Ford Tempo (124K miles) 2.3 with EEC-IV ignition lost it's spark. Replaced TFI module, distributor stator, plug & coil wires & ignition coil. Am getting 12V to coil positive and TFI module POWER pin. Code scan gives 212 (Loss of IDM signal, short to ground in SPOUT circuit). Shorting plug in SPOUT wire checks OK. What to do next?
9design

I have a 1993 ford tempo with a no spark condition similar to yours. The engine cranks but I have no spark.
I tried a shoot gun approach to fix problem, replace coil, entire Distributor with pip and ICM assembly, distributor cap, wires and so on but still have no spark. The trouble I found out later is the start wire(white with pink stripe) also known as the ignition diagnostic monitor wire.I should have battery voltage coming out from the wire from pin 4 on the eec IV computer to the ICM when the ignition key is in the start position when the S-wire to the starter relay is disconnected for testing but only having.8 volts.
I wanted to know did you ever find out what the problem with your car.I would sure appreciate any info.

Thanks runbebe

Runbebe