AUTOMATIC SEATBELT

1994 Ford Tempo

1994 Ford Tempo 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 94,214 miles

where is the door switch located at? I need to try and fix my seatbelt problem im having. Its for the driver side door.
Mj45sports

Ok so there's a control module supposedly above the glove box that controls the seat belt motor.you probably have to remove glove box to access it.it recieves signals form the travel limiter switches and the door switch which is the same switch that turns on your interior lights when you open door.that's located in door jamb on body about same relative position as hood release lever.what you should do is test motor output wires from module to confirm module is ok.then if that is good you can uncover motor and test.or you could go for actual motor test first.then suspect module or it's signals from limiters.if your interior lights are working when you open door then door switch is ok unless the module signal from the switch is interrupted somehow.and i just got a wiring diagram and saw that those 2 funny levers on your center console are linked to seat belt module!they are emergency release levers!make sure those levers are in the same position.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/212377_fordbelts_1.jpg

Fixitmr