STALLS WITH OUT GAS

1991 Ford Tempo

1991 Ford Tempo 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 150000 miles

The referenced vehicle above will stall when I stop feeding it gas. It will stall, unless I keep my foot on the gas while breaking. To start it I have to feed it gas, then keep feeding it gas for about 5 minutes before I try to change gears otherwise it stalls out and I can't start it again for another 10 minutes. If I slow to go around a courner it will stall, sometimes it will start right back up again, but most times it doesnt, and I have to sit there feeding it gas trying to start it.

Replaced spark plugs and wires, gave it a gas treatment, replaced fuel filter, checked fuel injector.

i've put enought money into this car and would like it last a little longer!

Thank you
Tamarano07

What soot color were the old plugs?
Blackish-brownish-whitish?Should be a brownish /tan color. Look at 1 of the 1's you just put in. Also you might have a vacuum leak check all hoses from intake for leaks/cracks broke/undone. The next major culprit is the IAC valve ( idle air control) located behind and on side of throttle plate assembly. Tube shaped with plug on bottom. The usual complaint with these is FAST idle. So it's probably not it! You could remove it to clean it thoroughly though. If your plugs are whitish your running to lean and that can cause stalling and poor performance.

Fixitmr