FUEL ISSUE

1985 Ford Tempo

1985 Ford Tempo 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 332000 miles

Hello, I have a 1985 Ford Tempo 2.0L diesel. I just got the starter and gloplugs replaced and was out driving for about three days and for each of those three I had to prime my fuel into my engine using the fuel primer each day. Then Sunday night it got down to -20 overnight and my car didn't want to start (even after priming it). I removed the fuel filter/water seperater and replaced it with a brand new one, tried priming it, and nothing. Now no fuel will travel through my fuel lines. I filled the filter with 50/50 diesel fuel and Diesel 911, tried to use the fuel primer, and it only is now priming air into the fuel line.

I was told my fuel line could be frozen but I have poured the Diesel 911 into my fuel tank, let the fuel pump do its job, try to start yet still nothing. Even the primer isnt picking up any fuel.

Any sort of diagnostic your team would be able to offer based on the information I am able to provide would be very gracious.

Thank you for your time.
Sandman9498

Cold weather is definately tough on deisels. You need to see if your fuel lines are working by blowing thru to tank or sucking, from under hood. Once frozen there is no way except heat to fix. Car should have a 120v block heater also. You can also put a little gasoline in with deisel to help start in the cold. Another thing with deisels is the pump. If the seals leak because of the cold it causes pump to suck air and not fuel.

Fixitmr