PLEASE HELP! WIPERS VS ELECTRICAL SWITCHES?

Ford Taurus

: arrow: Just got 1995 Ford Taurus GL (~131,000 miles).

: 1. Turning makes noises. Have checked and added power steering fluid.

: 2. Upon turning wipers on nothing happens till right blinker is turned on.
Windshield wash mechanism does turn wipers accordingly.
What is the problem and solution?
Natty_

Change you dimmer swith your wipers, turn signal's and high beem's are all together on that car and it is not hard to change. Three phillips head screws from the bottom removes upper and lower plastic covers if it is tilt wheel, tilt the wheel down to remove the upper cover and some of thoes have a small phillips screw in the right rear corner of the plastic. Unplug the switch. The switch has to small torxheaded screws in it, remove them pull switch out. Do everything in reverse.(NOS) 8)

NOS
Thanks NOS 8)

Will get busy today (saturday).

: arrow: By the way NOS, any suggestions on sound coming out every time I turn the wheels? Have replenish 'power steering' fluid, and still have the sound. The sound is similar to that of some shocks (unlubricated?) When you push the car down. Incidentally, front shocks do make the sound when giving the car that 'push down' test. Could that be the problem, and the steering wheel?

Thanks in advance.

Natty_
Sorry I missed thoes I read them and I will get back to you later this evening I do have some suggestions for you.(NOS) 8)

NOS
There is several things that can make noise.
1. Out under the hood there is a steering nuckel that connects the rack and pinion to the steering wheel and there is a rubber boot around it that will make some noise sometimes. Most parts store have a needle that goes on the end of a grease gun. Feel down around the boot till you feel that nuckel put the needle in right there and give it some grease.
2. Dry ball joints and tie rod will make noise when you turn if they have zirks grease them if not slide the needle in the rubber and grease.
3. If it has been setting awhile it is a good idea to spray all the rubber bushings with WD40 like the swaybar buchings lower control arm bushings etc.
It the struts are worn out they will make like a gorwning noise when you turn or push down on the car. The struts should be done by a shop if you have never done any it takes special tools to compress the coil srping to remove the strut.(NOS) 8)

NOS
I have a 1994 Olds Cutlass Supreme SL tHE WIPER SWITCH CONTROLS THE SIMMER SWITCH/ THE WINDSHILD WIPERS, AND TURN SIGNALS. ANY CHANCE ON FINDING A USED ONE? AND WOULD IT BE POSSIBLE TO RIG A TOGGLE SWUTCH JUST TO TURN THE WIERS ON AMD OFF. THE WIPERS WILL WORK IF YOU JUST BARELY APPLY A LITTLE PRESSURE DOWARD ON THE ARM BUT NOT ENOUGH TO MAKE THE LEFT SIGNAL WORK. I AM ON DISABILITY AND THEY WANT OVER 200.00 TO FIX THIS ISSUE Email is clontzd@bellsouth. Net

Onelegger51