MY DRIVERS SIDE REAR WAS LEAKING BRAKE FLUID (TIRE AREA)

Ford Taurus

Brakes problem
1996 Ford Taurus 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 198288 miles

Can someone help me because my husband and I are lost trying to figure out what happened with my car.

I was driving my vehicle to work one day and I noticed that the brakes felt weird. Well upon arrival I noticed fluid leaking from my drivers side passanger wheel area. I had a co-worker look and he said it was leaking brake fluid, but only dripping accept when you pushed on the brakes. Then it would squirt.

I had my husband meet me at work and we drove the car to my mothers house. Since being at my mom's house it hasn't leaked at all! It's very weird. We drove it around to try and get it to leak, but it wouldn't. We even took the tire out, but nothing.

Does anyone have any ideas what this could possibly be?
TullFamily

Most likely the cause is a wheel cylinder or brake line.
You do not need to drive the car until it is fixed. Before driving to the repair shop be sure to check under the hood at the brake fluid resivoir, fill it up, you will have some brake but not normal brake. Expect to replace the rear brakes on both side if it has drum brakes. Disk brakes you can most likely repair the one side.
Hope this helps.

Ralleybill