MY CAR HAS A MISFIRE ON CYLINDER 6.

2002 Ford Taurus

Shakes or Wobbles problem
2002 Ford Taurus 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

I have a 2002 ford taurus SOHC and it has a misfire on cylinder 6. I am kinda curious as to what the codes for that particular cylinder could be and why it may be potentially misfiring. I just had all the plugs replaced and the wires replaced. About a year ago my ex put the plugs in my car and he placed them in my block to far with the wrong gapping and when my current BF put new plugs in he was pretty ticked because he had to work for 2 hours to get them out and then replaced the spark plug wires and saw that there was a small break in one of my wires.I was also curious to know if that may be the problem. Any hwo, we got the proper gapping for the plugs and the new wires but now my car (instead of misfiring from start up to shut off) it will mis fire at start up and shake and jerk till I hit the gas and then it stops. If anyone can help me solve this problem that would be fantastic, because we have been trying to get this problem solved now day in and day out for 2 weeks now. I am taking the car in this week for the mechanic to put a scope to the damn thing before my BF takes a bat to my car.
Purplehazn

2002 Ford Taurus My car has a misfire on cylinder 6.

Check the sparkplug/compression/injector for no.6

Engine misfiring can be caused by worn or fouled spark plugs, a weak spark (weak coil, bad spark plug wire), loss of compression, vacuum leaks, anything that causes an unusually lean fuel mixture (lean misfire), an EGR valve that is stuck open, dirty fuel injectors, low fuel pressure, or even bad fuel

Will this get rid of my misfire and will this fix the problem (if these solutions work?)
Can a misfire be permantly fixed or will my car always have the misfire?

Purplehazn
You need to start wth this: Check the sparkplug/compression/injector for no.6