COOLANT LEAK

2002 Ford Taurus

Engine Cooling problem
2002 Ford Taurus 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 160000 miles

My engine light came on so I immediately checked my oil and my engine coolant. The coolant resevior was nearly empty so I filled it with 50/50 coolant. The check engine light remains on and it seems that the coolant is not staying full, although it is not depleting quickly (I noticed a wet spot on my garage floor that looks like coolant). Is there a danger of harming my engine if I keep driving it while continuing to check and replenish the coolant until I can get it in to have it looked at? What does this sound like to you?
Don.sharon

The leak could be any number of things. Too many to guess. If you monitor the coolant level and dont overheat the engine it should be ok for a few days til you have it looked at. The check engine light means that the computer that runs your engine/trans sees a problem. It will need to be scanned to find out what is wrong

Jack42