CAN'T FIND THE VACUUM LEAK

2002 Ford Taurus

2002 Ford Taurus 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 77,000 miles

My 2002 Ford Taurus is having a problem. When I sit at a stop light or while in park, the car seems to " bog down" or kind of stall for a second. The car doesn't die but it feels like it. Well I took it to a mechanic and we searched for the vacuum leak we were all hearing. It sounds like it is by the intake. So of course, we shut off the car, took the intake off and couldn't find anything. We put the intake back on, started up the car and sprayed starter fluid in the area where the vacuum leak was coming from. Nothing happened. We tried other places too, but again, nothing happened. Please help me ASAP. My mechanic and I can't seem to find the leak. Am I missing something? It's my only means of transportation. Thank you!
Dcwrestler15206

Are y'all sure it is a vacuum leak?
Your mechanic should be able to tell you by checking your STFT and LTFT values with a scan tool.
If you suspect the intake gasket, you can apply a little bit of pressure in the manifold and spray the gasket with soapy water.
Check the throttle body gasket and vacuum hoses for leaks as well.
Have you checked your egr valve and pcv valve/hose? If one of this valve is defective, it will have the same effect as a vacuum leak.

Also, a rough idle can be caused by a dirty/bad IAC, TPS sensor, MAF sensor, etc

Do you have any trouble code?

RenaudTN