REPAIRNG BREAK DRUMS

2001 Ford Taurus

Brakes problem
2001 Ford Taurus 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 116403 miles

please help me. I just bought this car from a seller that didnt know the situation with the car. This is my irst car. There is alot wrong with it. The antifreeze line has a leak, I need new front wheels, probably a new altenatior, and my left front brake drums are rusted
Simmadog

Sorry to hear that
how can help you
also front has brake rotors and not drums

BMRFIXIT
The antifreeze line(usually referred to as radiator hose) leak is usually a simple repair; first, identify the leaking line, this can usually be done with a visual inspection. Let me know if you want to do it yourself and I can walk you through it.
The front wheels have to be measured to find out if it needs replacement but use your best judgement, visit a tire site and lookup the penny test. Consider a tire rotaion if money is a problem right now. If you have a voltmeter you can test the condition of the alternator by measuring battery voltage with the car off and running. You should have about 2 volts (14volts total) of difference with the car running.
I doubt that you have front drum brakes. Rust is normal due to moisture in the air. It should start to dissapear as you drive the car more. What should concern you is the thickness of the rotors and brake pads, these too, have to be measured against manufacturers specs.

Jeremiah