RADIO PROBLEM

2001 Ford Taurus

I have a 2001 Ford Taurus that hs a radio just giving me fits. It all staarted a few months back when the radio would intermitently cut out. Then I would notice at times the clock would dissappear. It kept doing this and getting worse until at this point now the radio no longer works, the CD player doesn't work and the clock only works until you turn the ignition to on or accessory at which point it goes out. I tried getting a new radio from a salvage yard, plugged it in and got the same results. Could this be an issue with a ground wire? Any help would be greatly appreciated since I am not really good with electrical issues. Thanks in advance.
BillMik

I don't remember the year of the taurus I worked on but I think it was a 2001 or a 2000 but the problem started when the neutral safty switch started screwing up the people wolud make a turn and the radio would go off to start with then it got worse the car would die so. So you might check with your local ford dealer to see if thies was the modle year that that was acouring on. 8) NOS

NOS
The problem is in the trunk the ford taurus radio is not at front,
it is in the trunk behind the carpet left side check there

the unit at front is only the remote control unit and tape player

Supra89