CRANKS, BUT NO START

2001 Ford Taurus

I've got a 2001 ford taurus, the problem is that it will crank but no start 7/10 times I try to start it. I have noticed that when I do not hear the fuel pump activate before I attempt to start it it will not work at all. I have to turn my key forward and fiddle with it until I hear the fuel pump turn on, then it works everytime. However its starting be a lot more diffucult to get it to start everytime. Once started it works perfectly fine. Also occasionally my battery light will flicker on and off during the first 5 minutes that the car is on. I have changed my fuel pump relay and fuel pump fuse. I'm not great at all with cars so I apologize if this question doesn't make sense. I'm about to take it to a shop and want to know if its going to be a new fuel pump. Thanks for your help!
Maverickbx3

Check the charging system-then try the ignition switch and have the fuel pressure check- before you change to a new pump

I know that an ignition switch isnt too expensive, could you please tell me what effect that has on my fuel pump? Like I said, im a car idiot. Thanks again!

Maverickbx3
If the ignition switch is going bye-bye on and off it will create an ignition and fuel problem. Therfore No Start

check connection at fuel pump wire harness