RUNNING LIGHT TROUBLE

1999 Ford Taurus

1999 Ford Taurus 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 152000 miles

My running lights have pretty much always flickered, and by reading some of the posts, it sounds like a Ford thing. However, today I had to jump my car. I didn't leave my headlights on or anything like that. I checked the battery, it was good, and when I got home and turned my car off, I noticed that my running lights were still on. They've never done what they are suppose to-stay on for a few seconds after the car turns off and then they turn off. They've always just turned off as soon as the ignition turned off. Well this time it didn't. I had the negative battery cable undone for a bit to see if the computer would reset itself, and the lights would remember to turn off lol; but they still come on when I reconnect the battery cable. Not sure if it's a short somewhere, and maybe my lights flickering was forewarning me of a short or if my dimmer switch is stuck or what. Hope you can help! Thanks so much!
Cassidie

Just to humor me, pull the fuse for your Daytime Running Lights, which will kill the lights and tell you if you have a short in that circuit if the problem goes away.

I personally think that Daytime Running Lights pose a hazard to drivers and everytime I get a new vehicle, the first thing that I do is pull the fuse for the Daytime Running Lights.

Your vehicle should have a seperate fuse labeled DRL.

Here is my rational against Daytime Running Lights: It starts to get dark and then gets dark, you are driving along just fine and able to see the road, you are driving with NO taillights.

Ken

Techman1