COOLING FANS

1996 Ford Taurus

Other Category problem
1996 Ford Taurus 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 150000 miles

This is my 1st time submitting a question, let me see how you guys handle this (speed and correction of answer) and then I will see about a donation.

My cooling fans are not coming on. I bought what the guy at the auto parts store said was the cooling fan relay, but can not find where it goes. I check in the black box that is located right in front of the battery, but the only thing in there listed as being for the cooling fan is a big 40amp fuse that does nto appear toe be blown. Does the '96 Taurus have a cooling relay and if so where is it located? And what else could be causing the fans not to kick on?
Criley1970

First thing you need to know, are there any codes? Check engine light on? Have codes read, some are CCRM codes. Thats the Constant Control Relay Module, all fan relays are in here and operate thru the ECT and PCM. The ECT is located on the right side of the engine as you stand in front of it, just below the heater hoses. Two sensors are there the ECT and the temp sender for the gauge, could be the ECT, The CCRM a bad fan, or the PCM. Run two wires from the battery _ and + attach to fan terminals, does it run? If so you need to test the other parts, on mine it was the ECT.

Merlin2021