MAP SENSOR?

1995 Ford Taurus

1995 Ford Taurus 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 170000 miles

I really enjoy this old car but a couple of weeks ago it suddenly began to rev up, 2500+ rpm, no engine light.

If I disconnect a vacume line there is no discernable difference the engine seems smooth not lean or rich, my first thought was tp sensor but after replacement no difference.

A neighbor sugested the map sensor as the curprit, but I have no idea where to find it, back in the day I replaced a bmap sensor on a truck so I suppose it will look simular with a vacume line and a plug molded plastic body? But where to begin looking?

I really hate to ask a question like this but? Thanks in advance. Jim.
Matt77

I looks like your car doesn't have a map sensor it is useing a mass air flow meter instead. So what you need to do is unplug it and see if it runs and how does it run? You can try mass air flow cleaner on it first to see if it is just dirty. Here is a pic of what I am refering to.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/249564_808413_1.jpg

Racefan966