CAR WON'T START, HELP.

1994 Ford Taurus

1994 Ford Taurus 3.0 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

My car will not start. It tries to start, it turns over, and the starter is working fine. When the key is in the on position there is a really annoying buzzing sound that comes from the internal relay control assembly.

I have replaced the internal relay control assembly, but the noise is still there, and the car will not start. I have checked the fuses and they are all good.

Any hints as to what may cause this?
Lerp85

Hello Lerp85

Open the fuel filler neck and while cranking the engine, listen carefully to the fuel pump.
If you do not hear a buzzing sound from the tank, check the fuel pump connector underneath, if the connector is good and there is voltage to it, change the fuel pump.

Mathiaso
Can you tell me were to find the fuel pump connector?

Also, why would that cause the loud buzzing noise to come from the internal relay control assembly?

Lerp85
Hello Lerp85
The loud buzzing sound may mean problem.
you have the pcm relay/fuel pump fuse that is 30 Amp.
the yellow wire from the fuse goes to the low fuel pump relay.
From the low fuel pump relay, the white/red wire will take you to the fuel pump dropping resistor.(see diagram)
The fuel pump won't work if one of them does not do its job.
by the way the fuel pump connector is on the top of the sending unit, on the top of the fuel tank.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/46384_0900c15280279669_1.jpg

forget that one for while and focus on finding what I have mention in the diagram.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/46384_0900c152802798f3_1.jpg

(check your email for this diagram)

Mathiaso
Thanks for the help so far. Have not gotten around to checking that out yet. I just wanted to confirm that you know exactly what is making the buzzing noise so I am uploading a picture to point it out. It is the bigger box on the right, with the black foam on top of it, with the large amount of wires plugged into it.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/503275_DSCF0457_1.jpg

I was also wondering if you might be able to go into more detail on what exactly would cause it to make a loud buzzing noise.

Lerp85
A short in the wiring or the connector could cause the buzzing noise because electricity is taking an unwanted path.
Check the wiring that is plug into it one by one, or the connector is causing the problem.
The buzzing sound is an electrical short somewhere before the connector or inside the connector.

Mathiaso
I found the issue. It was a short in the grounding just to the right of the relay control assembly. I think I knocked a small wire from the clip and it caused it to short that clip out. It is fixed now.

Thanks for the help.

Lerp85
Thank you for your donation and for visiting 2CarPros. Com we hope to help you again the next time you need us

Mathiaso