LEFT REAR BRAKE GETTING HOT

2006 Ford Ranger

Brakes problem
2006 Ford Ranger 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 68000 miles

I recently took my 2006 Ford Ranger to have the front disc brake pads and rotors replaced. It was done at a professional shop. After driving my truck home from the shop I noticed the left rear brake was hot and smoking. The shop did not do anything to the rear brake shoes they only installed new rotors and disc brake pads on the front. I called a reputable mechanic friend and he said the shop mechanic may have failed to reset the proportion valve and there is too much pressure going to the rear brake causing it to be rubbing the drum and getting hot. I noticed after the rear drum cooled down it seemed to release. Apparently the heat caused the brake shoe to swell up but then shrank after it cooled off.

I called the shop and told them what happened and they said to bring it back and they would take care of the problem. Does this happen if you do'nt reset the Proportion Valve aafter replacing the front disc brakes? Should they check for part damage on the rear brake shoes, drum, and other components for damage?
Wyncrtr

Yes if the valve is not reset there will be too pressusre and it wont allow the wheel cylinder the release and pull the shoe off the drum

it can wrap (lateral runout) it will pulsate if this happens

Rangerdanger17