BRAKE LIGHT PROBLEM

2002 Ford Ranger

My brake lights suddenly stopped working, I changed the fuses, replaced the brake light switch, replaced the bulbs.I'm lost now, what do you think. It's a ford ranger 2002, 64000 miles.4.0 engine
Ronpoo

Use a static tester, it basically is a light inside a housing to check to see if there is electricity with one end grounded the light will come on if you have electricity there. Attach one end to a ground and with the other check to make sure you are getting voltage to the brake light switch, you can also check all the fuses with it. Does the third brakwe light work?

M_H_RITZEL
Yes the center brake light is working, I have voltage at the light brake light switch, my turn signals work, my tail lights work, but I have no voltage to the brake lights. I have a trailer hook up too, I have voltage for the tail lights, the flashers, but no voltage for the brake lights. Is there another seperate plug for this, that could of came off?

Ronpoo
Comming out of the brake light switch there should be two wires that have voltage when the brakes are applied on is for the third brake light and the other for the stop light. Check where the trailer connections are, for any correded or split wires.

M_H_RITZEL
Well I checked everything. Could not figure it out. Took it to my regular mechanic. It wound up being the turn signal switch. It shorted out. Cost me $200.00 parts and labor to get repaired. Whata ya gonna do huh. Thanks to all answers

Ronpoo
We covered the most likely things first, sometimes they do get more involved.

M_H_RITZEL