TURN SIGNAL MALFUNCTION.. IS THERE A FLAS

1998 Ford Ranger

1998 Ford Ranger 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 146k miles

the blinkers quit working and I just want to check the flasher, but I can't find it! The owners manual says nothing about a flasher relay and I don't see one in the fuse box or power dist. Block under the hood either?

does this vehicle not have a flasher? Do the blinkers work some other way?
Spue

The flasher is located under the driver dash on I/P Fuse Panel. If your were looking for the typical round one don't the newer ones are square. Also some of the newer vehicles have intergrated the Hazard and Turn.

.

Obxautomedic
Inside fuse pane, fuse #21, 15amp

Merlin2021
There are lots of square relays under the hood in the power distribution block, but none of them are identified in the owner's manual as being a flasher or having anything to do with turn signals or lights.

The passenger compartment fuse panel (under the dash?) Has no relays. Did you mean there's more fuses and relays UNDER the dash, that can't be seen without removing the dash or something?

Spue
This fuse is fine-
while it is labeled 'flasher' in the owners manual, i'm still looking for a flasher.

Spue
The flaher should be somewhere around the underdash fuse panel not in it. I haven't been able to locate a diagram to show the exact location.

.

Obxautomedic