FUEL FILTER

1997 Ford Ranger

1997 Ford Ranger 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 93000 miles

I am trying to replace the fuel filter. The hose from the gas tank I disconnected with no trouble. The line going to the engine is metal fitting and I can not see how to disconnect it.

I tried to upload a picture but couldn`t get it to work -- hit the uplaod button and nothing happens
Kzeimetz

Hi
Is connection round and can you see like a circle spring inside? If yes need fuel line disconnect tool. Parts house will have under $10
Let me know
Thanks for donate

Docfixit
The fitting that connects to the out side of the filter is solid metal with the gas hose that goes to the engine crimpted onto it-- I wish I could upload the picture

Kzeimetz
Look like this

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/198357_Graphic_592.jpg

Docfixit
The fitting to the engine didn`t appear to split like the one in your picture but I finaslly found out what the little plastic tool was for. Put it aroung the shaft of the filter and push it into the body on the gas line steel fitting therefore releasing the holding spring inside,
Thanks for your help

Kzeimetz
That's what I though it had a garter spring

Docfixit