BACK-UP LIGHTS

1995 Ford Ranger

1995 Ford Ranger 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 42,250 miles

I just realized that all (including cab) back-up lights don't work when I put the vehicle in reverse. The fuse is good, however I have aftermarket euro tail lights & a hurst shifter. Is there any reason why the shifter would not engage the back-up switch or the rear light assemblies could be the culprit? Thanks.

JP in SOCAL
Movlyguy

Is the reverse light switch on the trans any good? Have you checked that switch? If not then I would and if you need any help with wiring colors and what they do then get back to me and I will look over the wiring diagrams and get that info for you. Let me know how it goes and what you need.

Racefan966
Thanks racefan for the prompt reply. I'm thinking you are right about the reverse light sw being the issue, will be looking into that next. Not sure how to test, probably should just replace? Any insight on this would be helpful. Thanks again!

JP

Movlyguy
It is very easy to replace just unplug remove and replace and plug back in. If you still have problems then I will look over the wiring diagram and walk you though some testing. If you would like to test it first then let me know and I will walk you through it first to make sure it is bad. Let me know what you want to do.

Racefan966
Got new sw a local Napa, (in stock), will advise when replaced. Thanks for the advice.

JP

Movlyguy
Sounds great. Let me know it goes and if it still don't work I look through the wiring diagrams and we will do some test.
N. Idaho

Racefan966