MECHANIC NEEDS A LITTLE HELP

1994 Ford Ranger

1994 Ford Ranger 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 138000 miles

This 4.0L Ranger idles beautifully but when I give it anything over half throttle it cuts out drops RPM’s way down but doesn’t die. I have check codes and came up with 171, 172, 175, 176, 181, 189, and 452. I have replaced the speed sensor, Spark plugs, fuel filter, Oxygen sensor, and the TPS sensor. It still has not fixed the problem but the codes all pass now. I know I am going to feel stupid when you tell me what to check but I am ready for it. I think all the explosions I have been though while in combat with the Army made me forget a lot of what I know about automotive repair. Thank You for any help.

Shane
Shane's Auto

OK so have you checked the Mass Air Flow Meter? If not then you should. First I would look for any debri in it, I once found wings from a bug blocking the sensor part and man it would run strange. Also unplug it and then see how it runs keep in mind that throttle response will be slower. Let me know what you find and we will go from there.

Racefan966
Yes check the mafs even if its looks dirty it can affect the way the motor runs. They are delicate but can be cleaned with electric contact cleaner

Burrlius