TRUCK DIES AFTER WARM UP, NO RESTART UNTIL

1993 Ford Ranger

1993 Ford Ranger 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 246450 miles

I have the 3.0l ford ranger I have checked the ICM changed the fuel filter checked the coil for spark, the fuel pump can be heard when I turn the key on and pressure is there, and a tune up. When driving and coming to a stop it runs very rough and will then die and not restart. If you warm it and let it sit and idle it will start to run rough and if you step on the gas it wants to bog out and die if you gradually push the gas its fine till it eventually dies. Why only when its warmed up?
Biggfoot610

I do not know, donate a few dollars to get a pro involved. But I will say this, when you start a car and it is cold, the oxygen sensors tell the engine to run rich. As the vehicle warms, the fuel ratio is cut back. There are a lot of things to check for lack of power, and to me this is part of, or if not the issue. @ 246k miles, you have already gotten a lot out of this truck, but you can try SOME of the following to improve power (other than a rebuild) Engine lacks power. See one of the following: 1.) Incorrect ignition timing. 2) Fuel filter clogged and/of impurities in fuel 3) Faulty or incorrect gapped spark plugs. 4) Air filter dirty. 5) Spark timing control system not working properly. 6) Faulty ignition coil(s) 7) Brakes binding. 8) Auto Trans fluid not correct 9) faulty distributor cap or wires 10) EGR system not functioning properly. 11) Use of sub standard fuel. 12) Low or uneven cylinder compression pressures 13) Air vacuum leak at intake manifold or plenum

Kevin12881