EGR VALVE

1992 Ford Ranger

1992 Ford Ranger 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 120, 00 miles

Truck runs" decent". Starts, intermittent rough idle, horrible gas mileage, (15 MPG local driving) After truck warms up, and I am trying to maintain a steady speed, horrible rattle/pinging. Will dissipate if more gas or gas pedal played with. I had a code reader on it at a garage, they determined EGR valve, which was replaced less than 2 years ago. My problem finding the appropriate EGR valve from local parts stores. Most carry several different models, ranging in price from 80 to 200 dollars. How do I know which EGR valve goes in my truck. I have found out through a local Ford dealer it isnt California emissions compiant, and they want 220 dollars for an EGR valve. Which I find rediculous. Can you help me determine the right OEM part for my Ranger? I love this little truck and cannot afford to replace it.
SirSchmuck

I would recommend going with the Ford dealer on this one. Ford genuine parts are the best parts to get for their vehicles and it is worth the money. If your EGR valve failed just 2 years ago then there is something else that is causing it to fail. Try cleaning the EGR passage ways before installing the new EGR valve.

Thanks for using 2CarPros. Com!

Bluelightnin6