FORD RANGER SPARK PROBLEM

1990 Ford Ranger

1990 Ford Ranger 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 66000 miles

it only starts when its cold I think its the starter or the cynolid on the fender but I am not 100 % sure
Tacoma2007

Pick your symptoms: Cranks but no start condition: Fuel and Spark: Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine at least 3/16 away from ground -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it.

Compression: If both fuel and spark is present-check the valve and ignition timing, this will lead you to problems
with compression and valves opening and closing at the wrong time/broken or jumped timing
belt/chain.

No crank at all/nothing/nada: Could be a blown fusible link the starter, starter relay, clutch switch/park and neutral switch and ignition switch assuming the battery and connections are good. Note: If it doesn't apply disregard.