95 GT CAR SOMETIMES WILL NOT START

1995 Ford Probe

Sometimes it starts every time for a day, then will not start for a day or so. Will try 5, 6, 7, 8 times no good. Then I come back out after a couple hours or a day or so and it starts like there is nothing wrong at all. Once its on it runs great. When the problem occures the engine turns over but there is no spark coming from the distributer to the plug wires. Battery, starter, cap and rotor have been replaced but the problem is still occuring. Car has about 130,000 miles and I'm not sure if the timing belt has ever been replaced.
Keithbcfp

Does it have an exxternal coil (not in the distributor)? Might have a ignition module that is going out

Jack42
I will check to see if it has an external coil. If it does do you suggest replacing it and if it doesn't should I replace the distriuter? Or would you suggest the in ignition module first?

Keithbcfp
The car has in internal coil.

Keithbcfp