GT, ALTERNATOR REMOVAL ISSUES.

1996 Ford Probe

1996 Ford Probe GT V6 2.5L

I am trying to remove my alternator, as my car randomly died some time ago, symptoms leading up to it being loss of headlights, gauges, etc.

But before I could do anything to my car, it started working again for no reason. My car recently died again, and will not start without a jump, and will only run for a few minutes, so I am taking out my alternator, getting it checked and checking all connections, etc.

However I cannot get my alternator out. I removed one bolt, near the top of the alternator, that was easy to get to, however the second bolt that seems to be holding it in, that I am getting to from the underside of the car, I cannot get out, I have it unscrewed and everything, but it is hitting the frame of my car, the bolt is too long to slide out, and the alternator won't budge with it pulled out as far as it can go. I'm at a loss as to what I should do.

Any help is very much so appreciated!
KWall4

YOU HAVE TO DROP THE ENGINE DOWN FROM THE ENGINE MOUNT. TO REMVE THE BOLT I HAD TO REPLACE MINE TWO TIMES, DONOT BUY A REBUILT ALT, THIS WILL BE MY THIRD.

GMAN409