WONT START AT ALL.

1994 Ford Probe

1994 Ford Probe 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 140000 miles

My husbands 1994 Ford Probe didn't turn on one morning. It had been snowing the night before. I went to go turn on the car and it did at first. I tried to turn the air conditioner on but it wouldnt turn on. It was on for at least 15 minutes to warm up. Then I tried to go turn on the heater on again and it still didnt turn on. Then I put on reverse it started to smoke, right after that I put it on park and it just shut off. I tried to start it up again but it wouldnt. It smelled like burnt oil even thought the car had oil. It had water and I checked the battery it was good as welll. It hasnt started and we really would like help.
Medina28

Do below to determine if its a fuel or spark related problem: Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it