FORD PROBE CLUTCH PROBLEM

1993 Ford Probe

1993 Ford Probe 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual

My son and I just replaced the clutch on my 93 Ford Probe. We followed the instructions in our Haynes manual step by step, and even made sure to mark every part we removed so it would go back in in the right place.
Now the car refuses to start. The starter works (had it checked) and it tries to turn over, but it acts like it's not getting fuel to the injectors.
I've replaced the distributer cap and rotor, due to cracks in the cap, checked that the pump and fuel filter are working and not clogged. (Pleanty of gas pouring out of there.) The new regulator is getting pressure and fuel is making it there.
It's gotten to the point that I'm about ready to put a sale sign on this car and call it a day.
ProbeBreaker

Hello and thanks for donating

It seems as though you have ruled out two important factors which is spark and fuel. You will still want to check the cylinder's compression though, without it the engine will not start. Prior to replacing the clutch, did the vehile start fine?

Bluelightnin6
The car started perfectly (to a point) before replacing the clutch. The clutch went out while driving, and the car had to be " bumpstarted" and then pushed out of traffic. Unfortunately, starting to think it's either the timing or the distributor, either of which are out of my financial reach.

ProbeBreaker
A compression check is easy to do and will definitely tell if the timing is off. Have you tested this yet?

Bluelightnin6