MODELS CRUISE CONTROL

1997 Ford Other

1997 Other Ford Models V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 75000 miles

I have a '97 Dolphin motor home with a Ford 460 engine and automatic transmission and cruise control. Is there some way to convert the cruise control to just a throttle control? The problem is; when I am driving in cruise control and approach a hill I have to remember to kick out the cc in order to prevent the engine from slamming from 2500 rpm's to 3700 rpm's in a blink when the over-drive kicks out automatically. Usually I can anticipate when that might happen, but sometimes the incline is so gradual that the accelerator pedal is fully depressed before I realize it. I think a throttle control would be easier on the engine and tranny and on fuel consumption.

Dustysrv

On the cruise control there are two wires that go to the downshift control. There should be a blue one with a white stripe and a green wire. Disconnect the blue one and that should keep the transmission from downshifting when the cruise is engaged.

M_H_RITZEL