LINCOLN 6.6L TROUBLE STARTING AND RUNNING ROUGH

1979 Ford Other

White smoke indicates blown head gasket or cracked head allowing water to get into the cylinders.
the fact it runs rough points to this problem as well
Lovescars

I'm having trouble starting the engine from either a cold or warm start. The engine always eventually starts if I completely floor the gas pedal and crank it a few times. Then will blow out white smoke as if its flooding. The car is also running rough as if its missing. I've changed the plugs and wires. Cap and rotor, both the fuel filters, the fuel pump, rebuilt the carb and set the timing. I also had the choke thermostat stick a few days ago, preventing the engine from turning over, which was fixed by just tapping with a screw driver and lubing it up with some wd40. What other options do I have?

ILOVEBLUES64
Boy not much left to try. How bout some dry gas. Maybe a little bad gas or condensation?

Good hunting and let us know. :

Peppermrj
The fact it runs rough points to this problem as well

Lovescars