MY CLUTCH PEDAL ENGAGES INTO GEAR ABOUT 2 INCHES FROM FLOOR

Ford Mustang

I just bought a used 2003 mustang gt 4.6L with a manual stick shift and it has 36,000 miles on it. I have never owned a mustang before but from other cars I have owned with a manual transmission it seems that the clutch in this car goes into gear much faster than other vehicles I have owned. It does it through all the gears. I have the clutch pedal pressed all the way to the floor starting out and start to lift my foot off the floor to engage it into gear and it engages less than two inches off the floor I don't even have enough time for my right foot to go from the brake pedal to the gas pedal before it engages into gear. Has someone tighten this pedal to make it faster engaging into gear and if so how to it put it back to normal operation? Which I assume would be about half way on the release of the clutch not 2 inches from the floorboard.
Foru2nv4

Its a used 2003 mustang gt with a 4.6L with 36,000 miles on it. The clutch pedal seems to be very tight. I heard that the clutch cable is adjustable to tighten the clutch so I am wondering if this is why the clutch engages into gear about 2 inches off the floor? I would like to see it engage about half way on the clutch pedal not 2 inches from the floor. Can I adjust this? I don't feel the clutch slipping at all so I don't think I need to replace the clutch assy.

Foru2nv4