POWER DOOR LOCKS

2000 Ford Mustang

2000 Ford Mustang 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 50123 miles

When I use the lock/unlock button on the driver's side, I can hear what sounds like a solenoid click under the instrument panel in the vicinity of the fuse block - but, the locks do not operate in either direction. I've checked fuse " number 19" and it is good. There was an aftermarket alarm system on the car when I bought it, and I have since disconnected that because of some intermittent problems. The drivers side lock has always worked until now, but the passenger side has never worked. I have removed the passenger lock switch to replace it and there is no switch there at the moment. Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Dadandab2006

What you are hearing is the door lock relays and gem module. So I would say that it is time to replace the door lock motors. If you need anything else let me know.

Racefan966
First - thank you for your quick response. My only concern is - It seems unusual that both lock motors would fail at the same time. They were working perfectly until this and it has all the symptoms of an electronic failure. Is it possible there is a relay or module that has failed?

Dadandab2006
Yes it is very possible that is the problem with electrical it could be anything in the circuit to it. So with that said it could be the relays or the gem module or the door lock motor.

Racefan966