PASSENGER WINDOW TROUBLESHOOT

1995 Ford Mustang

1995 Ford Mustang 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 91,000 miles

I drive a 1995 Mustang Convertible with about 90,000 miles on it, and I recently came into some trouble with the power window on my passenger side. It rolls up fine until it gets to the top and then starts clicking and barely moving. Likewise when I roll it down, it does fine until it gets to the bottom, and then it starts clicking again. The motor is still turning and it sounds like the gears are just stripping, but when I took it to the shop they said I need to replace the entire motor. I'm trying to find out if this is a $20 fix or a $200 fix. Thanks!
Barhamitzvah

Sounds like it may be the motor, the clutch is getting weak or the motor or both. As long as the window moves freely on the track it is most likely a motor problem and not the regulator.I do suggest buying a good motor for it (Motorcraft) have seen alot of less expensive ones go out within months

Jack42