BREAKS QUIT WORKING, ALSO ENGINE STALLS.

1995 Ford Mondeo

Brakes problem
1995 Ford Mondeo 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 100000 miles

The Breaks are ABS if that helps!

Sorry if this is a bit of a rant but, recently my engine has begun stalling on start-up. It is winter over here (I'm an air force member serving in England) It has only stalled twice while in use, both times I was dropping off a fellow airmen at the dorms, drove off after sitting for a min. And it stalled at the next stop sign. That was the only issue untill friday, friday at the same stop sign my breaks had gotten really stiff and I had the break pedal fully to the floor (as far as it would let me) when I continued rolling foward. I had to pull the e-break just to get the car to stop. I then drove directly to a car care center which assured me they could look at my car the following day. They did not and now I'm stranded without a car wondering what the hell could be going on. I'm a bit freaked because I have a pregnate wife and really, truly cannot afford an expensive car bill.
In the air-force I repair Jet Engines so if the issue is something that requires removal and replacement of parts with regular hand tools I can do it myself but I have no idea what would cause all these issues, other than the breaks and the stall my car is completely fine.
Aftershockzap

Hello. Thanks for the donation. Much apprecated

Have the crankshaft position sensor replaced. Check for leaking brake lines or a bad brake booster !

Dave H