FILTER AND FLUID CHANGE

1988 Ford Laser

1988 Ford Laser 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 202, 00 miles

Hi
Iam going to change the Automatic Transmission fluid and filter. When I get the pan off could you explain the procedure of taking out the old transmission filter from the auto. Does it connect by pulling off filter? Or does it need to be done in a certain way.
Kind Regards Mark
PS What brand filter do you recommend? I have looked at the West/fil, WCTK-100
Hotrotor.17

Once pan is off you should be able to see how the filter is held on pretty easily, usually with a long bolt type adapter. As for which type of filter, I am from the US so unfortunately I have never heard of either of those brands. Do you not have A/C Delco brand available?

Bluelightnin6
Thanking you I know what to look for and I have just bought from the US some B & M sump plug drain plugs to drain the auto oil from the pan.I will have to drill half inch hole when I get the pan off to attach the drain plug do you know if this drain plug is ok and have you hear of any problems with them as they are bolted to the pan.
Regards Mark

Hotrotor.17

Hotrotor.17
B & M plugs normally get rated 5 out of 5 star, I have never had problems with B & M kits

Bluelightnin6