ENGINE SWAPOUT

1966 Ford Galaxie

1966 Ford Galaxie V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 100000 miles

My 66 Ford Galaxie 500 has the original 390 and a C6 in it. I am looking to replace it with a rebuilt drivetrain from a 69 Galaxie. Will the bolt patterns line up, and what parts will be needed if they don't? I have called all around the country and haven't been able to find an answer.
Mrcleanfromhell

Ok so tell me what engine is in the 69 Galaxie? Once I know what engine is in the 69 then I can tell you what you want to know.

Racefan966
It will be replaced by a 390 with C6 transmission from a 69 Galaxie.

Mrcleanfromhell
Well then you are in luck a 390 with a C6 is a 390 with a C6. So this will be like pulling the original and rebuilding it and putting it back. Everything will line up just fine and the only parts you will need is if you want to do a tune up or an oil change or something like that. You will need some more anti freeze and have a quart of type F trans fluid as you will loose some when you pull the trans out unless you put a plug in the back of it. The only thing to check is at the back of the trans where the driveline goes in, make sure it is a slip in yoke for a slip in yoke, other then that all will be fine.

Racefan966
Thanks. The reason I was asking was I wanted to make sure there hadn't been any major frame changes. Your input has been extremely helpful.

Mrcleanfromhell
No problems. Even if there was the engine and trans are the same. You could pull a 390 with a C6 from a 2wd truck and nothing would change as far as the engine and trans are concerned. Safer to ask however. Again thanks for you support and if you need any help during the swap just ask.

Racefan966