REAR HATCH SENSOR

2006 Ford Focus

2006 Ford Focus 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 70000 miles

My " door ajar" warning light and sensor run on a continuing basis. I'm sure this is for the rear hatch as I've had problems with the latch catching in the past. Also, if I lurch forward quickly or brake quickly the enertia seems to affect the alarm by either turning it on or shutting it off. I called my local ford dealer and the was told to spray wd40 on the latch which did solve the problem but the warning light and alarm continue to ring. Is there a way to disconnect the sensor that seems to be malfunctioning.
Jmlinden@cox.net

Ford put the door open switches in the " CLAW" part of the door latch, get a can of white lithium grease, and a can of Brakkleen, spray the drivers door latch with brakkleen liberally and open and close the dor 5-6 times, repeat the brakkleen washing 3-4 times, opening and closing the door, then apply the spray lithium grease and repeat the opening and closing and re spray 3-4 times, do this for ALL doors, it is usally the drivers door, but can be any of the latches!

Merlin2021