FORD FESTIVA PANEL PROBLEM

1988 Ford Festiva

1988 Ford Festiva

The windshield wiper assembly has broken, and the arm to the drivers side wiper has fallen into the grate/cover right by the windsheild. I cannot figure out how to open it up, so that I can figure out what I need to get parts wise.
Thefogmog

Those grates usually just screw down or pop into th ebody. Might need to look on th etop edge of the firewall, possibly remove a sealing strip to reveal the screws

Jack42
I don't believe the cowl is removeable in these cars.

Scottxd45
My software has nothing on emoving the motor assembly. There has to be access somewhere, did you look under the dash?

Jack42
I just went out and looked at mine and the access panel is in the engin compartment behind where the wiper motor is mounted. You have to remove the wiper motor and a bank of vacuum switches next to it and then remove the panel from the firewall. Also you would need to remove the wiper arms before removing the linkages.

Scottxd45