CAR OVERHEATS WHEN AIRCON TURNED ON

1993 Ford Fairlane

Air Conditioning problem
1993 Ford Fairlane 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 180000 miles

Hi,

I have a 1993 Ford Fairlane Ghia 1993 NC model.

When I turn the aircon on in hot weather the car does not take long to overheat, needle up in the red zone very quickly.

I am unsure as to whether there is a thermostat in the car as I was told the previous owner took it out to achieve a full flow through of water in the aluminium block, could this be the problem with the aircon situation?

Regards,
John
Weekendwarrior

Check the AC condenser fan if its coming on when AC On. Also check the coolant level and replace the Stat and see what happens.

Hi,

The AC condensor is mounted in front of the radiator, there is no fan on the condensor?

I will install a thermostat today.

Regards,
John

Weekendwarrior
Installed the thermostat and has made some improvement with overheating however as soon as I hit stop start traffic the temp needle steadily heads towards the red zone.

Seems like the ac unit is operating as cold air coming out of it but engine is cooking?

Weekendwarrior
Get it block and pressure tested, water pump and radiator okay-