* PROBLEM TO TO START AND IDLE 460CC FOR

1968 Ford Fairlane

1968 Ford Fairlane V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 25 miles

My modified 1968 ford fairlane has a bored 30/over 460cc engine. It is a new engine block, that has been blue printed and balanced. It has a nice lion purr. The problem is: In order to start it up, I must quickly thump the gas pedal repeatedly to the floor a dozen times, and only when it is to the floor it starts & idles, " But only if I continue to hold (pedal now 1/2 way to floor) For 1 minute > I then Easily ease off pedal and it`s purring fine* This is very loud & noisy, if a cop came by and herd that Hmm " What are you doing > (perhaps a ticket) and cough from all that exhaust etc. Maybe a gas mask too! It looks to be electric fuel injected is a (Holly) carbuator & electric fuel pump in the back of car. U know what advice I would *Greatly Appreciate. Thank you. Richard Toronto, Ontario, Canada Go > Leafs
Yahtee

There are a couple of things , is this fuel injected or carbureted? It makes a difference as to what adjustments to make. If it's' fuel injected your pump may not be putting enough pressure to it. YOu can go to http://www.holley.com and type in your model of fuel injection and they have a booklet to print up for diagnosis. If it's a carb, Holleys have a plug on the side of the float bowl, there is an adjustment for the float just above it, pull theplug and have an assistant turn the key on and see if gas comes out the plug, it should just barely come out for a correct adjustment. Do that on both bowls if they have the plugs and adjusters. they will look like a screw with a nut on it. It would help if you know what it is a carb or juel injection.