ALTERNATOR WON'T CHARGE BATTERY;

1997 Ford F-450

1997 Ford F-450 V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 45,000 miles

The mechanic replaced my alternator in my RV with a new one and when mounting it sparked 3 times (he hadn't disconnected the battery cables). Since putting it in now the charge gauge on the dash doesn't rise but very little and the alternator is not charging the battery. We switched to another alternator thinking that one got shorted out but have same problem. Think it must have blown a fuse but checked the fuse boxes under the dash and under the hood and they tested okay. What are we missing and where do we look and what do we look for? The problem must have been caused by the sparking.
Frank G. Serrao

Could have a blown a fusible link

What is a fusible link? Where can I find this?

The RV runs, lights go on but alternatori is not charging the battery. We checked all of the plug in fuses and they test okay. Are there other higher amp fuses for something like this. What would have caused this after the alternaotr sparked like that. Isn't there a fuse to protect the alternator?
Thanks for your help. Sorry I'm not experienced in this or into the mecanics lingo very well.

Frank G. Serrao
Check at the starter relay or connected to the alternator battery feed or parallel to the battery positive terminal-its a wire that has a lump/barrel looking with a thicker gauge wire