F350 REPLACING CLUTCH SLAVE CYLINDER

2000 Ford F-350

2000 Ford F350 V8 Four Wheel Drive Manual 115000 miles

My transmission is hard to get into reverse or 1st after driving awhile. It appears to be the slave cylinder as the fluid level is ok. It is a one owner with excellent care.
Do you have any tips to make the change out easier?
Clintfb

I wouldn't jump to that conclusion. The only thing that goes wrong with a slave cylinder is they can leaks. If you have an issue with insufficient throw, that would usually be a master cylinder problem but I would recommend changing both at the same time anyway.
It could also be a mechanical issue with the pressure plate.

Wrenchtech
Wrenchtech, thanks. But can a novice change the master cylinder and slave cylinder on the f350

Clintfb
This isn't rocket science but it does take some mechanical ability. Bleeding the system after can be quite difficult sometimes.

Wrenchtech
WrenchTech: But the clutch master and clutch slave are self bleeding, right? If so, will I get into the actual bleeding as though it were a brake job?
Sorry for all the questions but I do appreciate your help.

Clintfb
WrenchTech: Being a hydraulic system, there is not a clutch adjustment rod, or is there?

Clintfb
No, they are not self bleeding and they are much harder to bleed than a brake system because the bleeder is at the bottom and the air tries to rise to the top.

No, there is no adjustment, they are self adjusting.

Wrenchtech
How to diagnose a problems related to the clutch slave cyclinder operation? Does anyone here has a step by step guide on how to replace it and bleed the air out of the system? Any help is very much appreciated. Thanks

Clarkperez2334
You can stand there for hours trying to bleed it out, it has to be pulled from the truck and hung upside down to it. Or go to Ford and order part 2c3z-7c522-e it is complete already bleed and works the first time and that part number is for that truck

TECH1FORD