F350 BRAKES ARE MUSHY AND CAN PUSH TO FLOOR

2000 Ford F-350

Brakes problem
2000 Ford F350 V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic

my f-350 brakes are terrible this is second one I have owned the 1st one brakes were not that good this one is just bad I have purchaced it knowing it needed brake work it was in garage for 4 years with 27000 miles on it I first replaced the power steering pump as it needed it the pump fixed the steering problem but still can push the brakes almost to floor I then replaced 2 front calipers and replaced all rotors cross drilled and slotted all 4 and put hawk extreme duty pads all around brakes are just a lil better but still mushy and pedal still can push way down do you think the hydro boost could have something to do with this I shut the truck off pump brakes real hard like 5 times and hold then start it and the brake pedal goes to floor I have a 32ft enclosed race car trailer and I would not use this truck to pull it and that is the purpose of my truck any ideas PLEASE HELP ME THIS STICKS Thanks for any input Burseymadmav1@aol. Com
Madmav1

HI there,

I would be thinking that this is air in the system, if it won't bleed out the master cylinder is probably faulty, start here.

Mhpautos
So you think there is air in system my brother and I bleed out the system and at the end there was not any differance on the pedal the truck stops but not the way it should the pedal is mushy and if you push hard you can almost go to floor so you think if I put a master cylinder in it the pedal will be at top and hard the way it should be cause I should not be able to push the pedal down if there was not something wrong correct it should be hard and at top when you push the pedal let me know so you think master cylinder

Madmav1
If you are sure that there is no air in the system and you have a soft spongy pedal, I would be looking at the master Cly.

Mhpautos
Im not very good with the computer thank you for the help im not sure how to give points tell me im very happy with the quick response thank you what do I do next for your points and donation to help you guys keep going MADMAV1

Madmav1
Click on the bnlue link next to the stars on my post, there you can leave feedback and vote.

mark (mhpautos)

You can make a donation here.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/lwdonate.php

Mhpautos
On my F 350 93 I did replace master doth caliper's bled the brakes you can stop the truck but the peddle diffs to floor motor off it is very hard start the truck you can put the peddle to the floor would this be the ABS going out it also has new brake fluid in it I bled it for a good hour or so

Scot