F350 FUEL PUMP FUSE

1999 Ford F-350

1999 Ford F350 V8 Four Wheel Drive Manual 203000 miles

I changed the fuel pump in a 99 F350 recently. After doing so I took it for a drive and seemed to work fine for a few miles, then it bogged down like it was trying to drive but it couldn't and it finally died. Now every time I try to start the truck, the fuse for the fuel pump under the dash blows. I've replaced it a few times. Would this be due to a wiring problem?
Kt2676

Was the fuse blowing, before you replaced the pump?

You might try tripping the bump switch, then try to start, see if the fuse still blows. It might narrow down the circuit a little.
I believe the bump switch is located in the passenger foot-well, behind the kick-panel.

A couple of things that might cause the amp draw to go up, clogged fuel filter-- clogged fuel lines, supply or return. Can you check fuel pressure before the fuse blows?

I looked at the owners manual for your vehicle, as far as the voltage circuits to the fuel pump relay, those fuses are in the power distribution center under the hood.

I guess, I don't know which fuse your talking about?