F350 HARD PEDAL BUT NO PANIC BRAKING

1997 Ford F-350

Brakes problem
1997 Ford F350 V8 Four Wheel Drive Manual 179000 miles

Initially, brake pedal was getting harder to push and the panic braking was getting less and less. Replaced booster, and it made pedal harder and had no effect on panic braking. Replaced booster again in case first one was bad. Pedal is harder still and absolutely no panic braking now. What have I done wrong or failed to do?
KevinKelly

I would check the vacum pump located just above the power steering pump on the driver side of the engine!

Seeuusee
Gas or diesel?

Docfixit
Diesel's have vacum pumps due to the lack of vacum on the intake and most of them being turbo that would have positive pressure at the intake instead of vacum!

Seeuusee
Older chevy's had what was called the hydro brake system that ran off the power steering pump on the trucks if the power steering pump was low or defective you would have a hard brake pedal however the diesel cars in the earlier 80's had a vacum pump it was located on the back side of the intake at the firewall! And they were notorious for failing! Hope this helps!

Seeuusee