EGR VALVE

2004 Ford F-250

2004 Ford F-250 V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic

Hi I have a 2004 f-250 fx4 6.0 diesel, where is the egr valve located? What is the procedure to take it out and replace, also how would you clean it and with what? My other question I am thinking of putting a new exhaust system on would a 4in. From the turbo be a good investment and what are the pro's and con's? Any diagrams would help thank you. Would eliminating the cat on the exhaust create any problems
Wmt56

There are custom exhaust systems that give you lower back pressure. Some have a smoother bend to them making for less back pressure. You can find some exhaust systems on the website truck u seen on speed channel. Removing the cat altogether can be done depending if your state has state emissions control. The egr valve is labeled c1389 on the diagram I am attaching. Disconnect the wires and it can be removed with a socket or wrench if you can get one down there.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/54223_engine_1.jpg

M_H_RITZEL
First question to remove the egr valve it is right at the front of the engine it is a 5 wire connector and a round cylinder remove the two 8mm bolts on either side and use a heel bar to gently pry out. To clean it just scrap off the carbon don't use any cleaners make sure it opens and closes all the way takes some time. Install by tightning down bolts evenly until seated. Truck might run rough after install and smoke but will go away. The ehxuast has no affect on the engine will not increase power that is noticable just noise. If you remove the cat you will notice the truck will always lighlty smoke due to the cat was to remove it from doing that.

TECH1FORD