F250 NO HEAT BUT HEATER CORE GOOD

1997 Ford F-250

Heater problem
1997 Ford F250 V8 Four Wheel Drive Manual 120000 miles

I have tried everything, new heater core, tore apart the dash and all valves are working ok(heating and cooling vents) great air flow, when you reach up in the box it is very warm. You get more heat when its on vent than when on heater. Any ideas?

AKTYREMAN

Did you replace the thermostat and also check for a heater control valve that's malfunctioning

Yep I did, can't find any valves that are malfunctioning, they all seem to open and close right.

AKTYREMAN
Is there a valve attached to the heater hose before it enters the heater core

Nope just straight in, its hot going in and out of the heater core

AKTYREMAN
Did anybody figure this one out? I am having the exact same problem with a 97 F 250. Thanks in advance.

MTWS 525
I had same problem. Replaced thermostat and heater core. Here's all it was. An ink pen.
Take the glove box door off to see the blend door cable. Make sure it appears to be working. Then remove the heater core cover and blend door cable.( I had to loosen up the dash to get the cover out.) Now look inside the plenum and manually move the blend control door from hot to cold. If it doesn't go completely to the left closing off the plenum then you may have a pen or something out of view on the floor of the plenum. Take a wire or hook shape tool and rake it along the bottom next to the door and listen for anything loose.I was able to squeeze my hand in enough to remove it. Check door again and it should go completely closed.

Verycold