WON'T START....

Ford F-150

I have a 1988 Ford F150, 6 cyclinder, mileage 275,000. It will not start. The truck started after I replaced the battery a couple of days ago, and now it will not start. No click, no lights or radio. What do you suggest?
Thecutshaws

There's probably a drain on the battery. Disconnect the positive battery cable and put a multimeter set to amps in line between the battery and its disconnected cable. There shouldn't be any amperage unless the radio or something is drawing milliamps. If you're drawing more than that have someone start pulling fuses until you see the amperage drop. That will tell you where the problem is.

Rudpro
Another thing to check are the fusible links. Get the truck started and make sure you're getting about 13.9 volts from the alternator. If not, the alternator could be bad or a fusible link for it might be bad. Did the lights dim and battery go bad while driving. That would cause this. If the battery just goes dead after sitting overnight then check the first reply I posted.

Rudpro